Service Your System
Let the SERVICE experts regularly maintain your system to ensure proper function.
Contact Us Today
Service Pumping & Drain Co., Inc.™ has been a presence in Boston for over 85 years, serving the drainage needs of the surrounding areas with expertise and professionalism. Whether you have a blockage or are seeking preventative maintenance, we are ready to work with you to provide all of your water jetting needs.
What Is Water Jetting?
High-pressure water jetting—also referred to as hydrojetting or high-pressure pipe cleaning—is a powerful cleaning solution designed to clear severe and/or stubborn blockages in drains, sewers, and other pipe systems. It blasts highly pressurized water through the affected pipe, removing all solids and residues for a thorough, long-lasting clean. When done regularly by a trained technician, it can even help to prevent future system issues.
How Does Water Jetting Work?
High-pressure water jetting relies on specialized equipment—commonly known as water jetters—to generate highly pressurized jets of water. The units consist of the following components: a heavy-duty hose, a nozzle, a water tank, a pump, and a motor. The pump is attached to the tank and motor, the hose is attached to the pump, and the nozzle is attached to the hose.
The design of the nozzle is essential to the process. It features tiny openings that point forward and backward. When water is pushed through them by the pump, the hose and nozzle assembly propels through the drain or sewer line and breaks up and flushes out any dirt and debris accumulated inside it. Different types of nozzles are used to handle different types of accumulations and obstructions, such as dirt or tree roots.
Due to the power of the high-pressure equipment, it is essential to have a trained professional to operate it. Otherwise, there is an elevated risk of damaging the piping system. The steps in a typical water jetting operation are as follows:
- Lowering the hose into place in the drain or sewer line
- Turning on the motor to power the pump and initiate the flow of pressurized water through the hose and nozzle assembly
- Allowing the hose and nozzle assembly to break up and clear out solids and residues as it navigates its way through the line back to the pipe entrance
Benefits of Water Jetting
Compared to other drain and sewer cleaning solutions, water jetting offers a number of benefits, including the following:
- Thoroughness & Effectiveness: High-pressure jetting thoroughly removes grease, dirt, sludge, and other solids and residues that are nearly impossible to tackle with less powerful methods (e.g., rooting or snaking).
- Cost-Effectiveness: Water jetting is so thorough you won’t require multiple, often expensive, chemical treatments for the same clog.
- Environmental Friendliness: Water jetting typically only requires water to accomplish the desired results, which means that there are no harsh chemicals to contaminate your work environment or the surrounding environment. Additionally, while the pressure of the water is high, the total amount of water required for the process is not.
- Versatility: Water jetting technicians can select specific tools and techniques for any blockage, making the service useful for routine cleanings and urgent removals.
- Suitability for Preventative Maintenance: Clogs can cause downtime or equipment failures for many businesses. Scheduled water jetting can prevent these problems from occurring at a relatively low cost.
Water Jetting for Sewer Cleaning Applications
Water jetting is ideal for cleaning drain and sewer lines with severe and stubborn blockages, such as concrete or roots. These obstructions can lead to system backup and overflow, both of which can cause facility and equipment damage. Water jetting equipment is powerful enough to break up and flush out these materials from the line, allowing water and other materials to flow through it once again.
In addition to removing obstructions such as concrete and roots from drain and sewer lines, water jetting is also used for the following applications:
- Pipe degreasing
- Pipe descaling
- Pipe deicing/thawing
- General pipe cleaning
The Drain & Sewer Cleaning Experts at SPD
Service Pumping & Drain Co., Inc.™ maintains a full fleet of trucks and water jetter nozzles to provide water jetting services for virtually any drain and sewer system cleaning application. Our experts will draw on their understanding of plumbing to select the most effective equipment for your situation, taking into consideration the type of blockage and the type and condition of your pipe. This attention to detail allows us to resolve problems efficiently while protecting the integrity of your plumbing systems.
Our water jetters generate up to 4000 PSI, creating enough pressure to effectively scrub a wide range of pipes and equipment, such as:
- Grease traps
- Sewer lines
- Storm drain lines
- Leaching field lines
- Digester tanks
- Pump chambers
- Sediment traps
If it has a pipe or drain, our experienced technicians can and will find the right water jetter to clean it.
Proudly Serving the Boston Area Since 1927
At Service Pumping & Drain Co., Inc.™, we pride ourselves on our ability to handle and provide quality solutions for plumbing problems regardless of the size or nature of the job. We work with businesses of all sizes across a wide range of commercial industries to maintain sewer lines and systems and ensure that they are kept in proper working order. With almost a century of experience in providing personalized customer service, you can trust that we’ll pay attention to all of your individual needs.
To learn more about our water jetting or other pumping, draining, and septic services, contact us today.