High Pressure Water Jetting
Service Your System
Let the SERVICE experts regularly maintain your system to ensure proper function.
Contact Us Today
High-pressure water jetting—also referred to as hydrojetting or high-pressure pipe cleaning—is a powerful cleaning method designed to clear blockages in drains or pipes. This process blasts pressurized water through the affected pipe, removing all solids and residues for a thorough, long-lasting clean. When done regularly by a trained technician, it can even help to prevent future systems issues.
Service Pumping & Drain has been a presence in Boston for over 85 years, serving the drainage needs of the surrounding areas with expertise and professionalism. Whether you have a blockage or are seeking preventative maintenance, we are ready to work with you to provide all of your water jetting needs.
How Does Water Jetting Work?
High-pressure water jetting relies on specialized equipment, commonly known as water jetters, to generate fast, highly-pressurized jets of water. Water jetters consist of a heavy-duty hose with a nozzle, a water tank, a pump, and a motor. The nozzle design is essential to the process as it features a tiny opening that generates high-pressure streams as water is forced through the hose.
To use a water jetter, a skilled operator typically lowers the hose entirely into the pipe or drain. By starting from the bottom of the cleaning area, the pressure of the water propels the hose back up through the pipe, effectively reaching all surfaces. The nozzle also has both forward and reverse jets which facilitate movement through the pipe or drain, as well as the pipe and drain line cleaning process. When done properly, virtually no solid residue will remain as water jetting is powerful enough to dislodge nearly any blockages and scrub the inner walls clean.
Water jetting is the optimal solution for stubborn clogs. Its benefits include:
- Thorough & Effective Cleaning: High-pressure jetting thoroughly removes grease, dirt, sludge, and other debris, including solids and residues that are nearly impossible to tackle with less powerful methods, such as rooting or snaking.
- Cost-Effective: Because water jetting is so thorough, you won't require multiple, often expensive, chemical treatments for the same clog.
- Safe & Environmentally-Friendly: Water jetting typically only requires water to accomplish its results, which means that there are no harsh chemicals to contaminate the environment (or your work environment). Additionally, while the water pressure is high, the total amount required and used for the process is not.
- Versatile: Water jetting technicians can select the appropriate equipment and technique for any blockage, making the service useful for both routine cleanings and more urgent removals.
- Preventative: Keeping drains clean at a low-cost is essential to many businesses as clogs can cause downtime or costly equipment failures. Scheduled water jetting can prevent this problem for companies processing large quantities of fat, oil, or grease.
The Drain & Sewer Cleaning Experts at SPD
Our water jetters generate up to 4000 PSI, creating enough pressure to effectively scrub a wide range of pipes and equipment, such as:
- Grease traps
- Sewer lines
- Storm drain lines
- Leaching field lines
- Digester tanks
- Pump chambers
- Sediment traps
Proudly Serving the Boston Area Since 1927
At Service Pumping & Drain Co., Inc., we pride ourselves on our ability to handle and provide quality solutions for plumbing problems regardless of the size or nature of the job. We work with businesses of all sizes across a wide range of commercial industries to maintain sewer lines and systems and ensure that they are kept in proper working order. With almost a century of experience in providing personalized customer service, you can trust that we'll pay attention to all of your individual needs.
To learn more about our methods and services, contact us today.